Monday, May 9, 2011

The Best Enchiladas You’ll EVER Eat!

These really are the best enchiladas ever.  My family LOVES them and looks forward to when I make them.  I don’t know that I would call them true “Mexican” enchiladas, but I did learn how to make them from my ex-mother-in-law, who is Hispanic.

Brown 1 pound of ground hamburger {we use turkey because it’s healthier – I honestly can’t taste the difference}

Add one small onion and cook thoroughly.

Add one small can of cream of mushroom soup and one small can of tomato soup.  This will be the innards of the enchiladas.

Total yumminess, I promise!

 DSC08733

While the meat is cooking, very “quickly” cook corn tortillas in a small fry pan of oil.  You are just wanting to get the tortillas soft and pliable.  If you don’t cook them long enough, they’ll get mushy.  If you cook them too long, they’ll be too crisp.  You might ruin a few getting used to it, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll never forget.  It’s somewhat of an art, but well worth it in the end.

 DSC08734

Dip your tortilla in enchilada sauce of your choice.  Today I used the traditional red sauce but we have used the “green” and it is totally yummy!  Especially made with chicken :)

DSC08735 

Top with cheese – LOTS OF CHEESE!

DSC08736 

Layer in a baking dish.  I usually make two layers.

DSC08738

Pour any remaining enchilada sauce over the top and top with all the cheese you can find in the house!  You can never have too much cheese on them, in my opinion.

DSC08739

Pop in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is a melted gooey goodness!!

Mmmmmm….mmmmmmm……good!!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

YUMMMMMY!!!. Love this.. I'm Marilyn over from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com stopping by and officially following you a tat bit late from Design It Chic Blog Hop. ;)) Hope you can stop by sometime.. Awesome posts.. ;))