Thursday, June 17, 2010

Inspired Spotlight



Hi there!  I’m Alisa from The Sweet Life and I am so flattered that my friend Beth asked me to do a post for her Inspired Spotlight. I’ve know Beth for several years {in real life} and she really is a great friend. Thanks Beth!
I am married to the love of my life and I’m a stay at home mom to 3 great kids. I have one in pre-school, one in elementary school and a high schooler so I’ve got all ages running around my house. Life is very full and fun most of the time. I called my blog The Sweet Life because even though life isn’t always perfect it is always made SWEET knowing that I have a Lord that loves me and sent is Son to die for me {and you}.

The best things in this life are but a glimpse at the sweetness of eternal life with a heavenly Father.


I began blogging about 18 months ago and have been hooked ever since. I started out reading blogs and getting so much inspiring information from all the talented ladies around blog land that I figured I had to start my own.  There is just so much good stuff out there it is hard not to be inspired. 

As a mom and a wife, I think that my greatest inspiration for what a Godly woman is supposed to look like is found in Proverbs 31. It is long so I won’t post it here, but if you want to look at it you can
find it here.

These versus inspire me to want to do my best in every area of my life, whether it be as a wife, a mother, a neighbor, a homemaker or my integrity and character. I am far from being perfect in any of these areas, but I do my best and ask God to help me in each of these areas daily.

My blog is kind of a mixture of many different loves.
porkbowl
I love to cook {most of the time}.   This is one of our favs, Mexican Pork Bowls .

Itty Bitty Dress- 
I love to sew. Here is a little dress I recently made for my niece. 
I also have an Etsy shop with some fun things I’ve made.

Bathroom complete 
I like doing projects around the house. I recently redid my bathroom.

IMG_5575 
I also really enjoy photography. I’m still learning and love to visit all the great mom photographers out there in blogland. This summer I am hosting a little blog party called A Summer in Snapshots. I hope to encourage moms to get their cameras out and use them everyday to catch all the precious moments big and small before they are gone. So come on over and join the fun.

I really appreciate the opportunity to share with you about what inspires me to be the best mom and wife that I can be. I hope you will pop over to The Sweet Life and say “hi” sometime. Thanks again Beth!


No comments: