Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Brown Sack Easter Nest

I saw this nest in the Country Living magazine and thought I would try my hand at it. 
Supplies needed:
Bowl the size that you want your nest
Brown paper sack
Saran wrap
Mod Podge
Scissors
DSC08495
Cut your brown paper bag into thin strips and of varying lengths.  It doesn’t have to be perfect.
 DSC08498
Put some Mod Podge in a bowl and throw the paper strips in and toss until they are coated thoroughly.  {It’s gonna be messy!}
DSC08499
Wrap your upside down bowl in plastic wrap and start laying the strips around it to form a base.
 DSC08503
At this point I was being very neat and realized it wasn’t going to be messy like a bird’s next.
DSC08504 
After you get the base it all covered, take the remaining paper strips and jump glop then on the base.  Spread around until it looks messy and let it sit to dry for 12 hours.
DSC08505
Then, my friend, is a wonderful bird’s nest!
 DSC08509
Fill it with some Easter grass and some pretty eggs and your all set!
DSC08510
I LOVE THE WAY IT TURNED OUT!
This would be a project that the kids would love helping with!

lil luna link party button




5 comments:

mzzterry said...

How cute.... love it, thanks for sharing ;)

Hanna said...

This is super cute Beth! Thank you for linking up and sharing this

Kath said...

great idea for a nest! that's really cute. saw you on house of hepworths.

new follower!
kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Screaming Sardine said...

That's so cute. And it looks simple enough for me to do!

You're more than welcome to link this up to my party: http://sunburntcowhandmadeshop.blogspot.com/2011/04/sunburnt-cow-link-party-6.html

Cheers,
Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

Megan Gunyan said...

Ha! I love this! It's making my smile. Great idea!