Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite times of the year! My hubby thinks it is a silly holiday, but oh no, not me!
My birthday is this month which could be why I am all about the LOVE ALL month long!
Here is me and my hubby on our wedding day!
I live for this man!
He is my EVERYTHING!
He takes such good care of me and our children!
He is a GREAT daddy and a GREAT husband!
Happy Valentine’s Day Brian!
Now, you can’t have Valentine’s Day without yummy, sugar goodness! I made some chocolate covered pretzel sticks and cupcakes for James’ class party. The pretzels were sooooo simple but so cute!
I was going to make cupcakes with some pink frosting and little sprinkles. Nothing fancy. But, I had some extra ‘Kisses’ so I figured it would be the perfect topping to finish the cupcakes! The kids’ favorite part was the chocolate kiss!
According to some children, “Love is…”
- “When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.” Rebecca – age 8
- “When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.” Billy – age 4
- “Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.” Danny – age 7
- “Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss.” Emily – age 8
- “Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.” Bobby – age 7
- “Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it every day.” Noelle – age 7
- “Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.” Tommy – age 6
- “Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.” Chris – age 7
- “When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.” Karen – age 7
- “You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.” Jessica – age 8
What does love mean to you on this special day?