Monday, March 14, 2011

Mmmm…mmmm…Good!

This is my hubby’s favorite breakfast right now.

I “think” this could be what “Huevos Rancheros” are.  Please don’t hold me to that though.  I’m don’t have a lick of Mexican background to support that thinking :)

They are DELICIOUS!  I know it doesn’t look appetizing in the pics, but this is one time you must TRUST ME!

Simple ingredients:  Corn tortillas, onion, eggs, salt and pepper.  Chop your tortillas.

 DSC07994

Fry them in a little oil until they are crispy.  Soggy tortillas aren’t good :(

DSC07997 

Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.

DSC07998  

Add the eggs and scramble it all together.

DSC08005

Simple as that!!

How much you use depends on how many you are feeding.  I always just eyeball it and just when I think I am going to have leftovers, I NEVER DO!  That’s just how good they are.  As a general rule, I use about 6 corn tortillas, one small onion, and about 6 eggs.

Try it!  You’ll like it!

1 comment:

Megan said...

sounds yummy, and probably better for you than biscuits and gravy.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com