Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I’m Feeling A Little “Green”

St. Patty’s Day will be here before we know it.  I usually don’t do ANY decorating for the holiday but this year I decided, “What the heck?”

I’m not Irish, I didn’t grow up going all out celebrating St. Patty’s Day, so I just don’t do it with my kids.  The most that we usually do the holiday is making some green food.  Growing up my mother always made me green Cream of Wheat!  I loved that stuff!!

Back to the decor – I’ve seen these vases on candlesticks all over and so I decided to throw some of my own together.  I’m glad I did!  They are going to be sooo versatile!  I can already think of stuff I want to do with them for some other upcoming holidays.

I stayed cheap on this, just because that’s how we roll.  Better yet, that’s how my hubby says, “I better roll!”  I already had the candlesticks.  I purchased two vases, a sheet of Patty’s Day window clings, and two shimmery wire garlands. 

$5 TOTAL!

I have to admit, I have NEVER thought of using window clings on vases!  I’m liking that it!

 DSC07970

No comments: