Monday, November 8, 2010

You Asked For It and I Got It!

After I posted my Halloween pics, I had a couple of commenters want a recipe for my hubby's fantabulous chili. 
After much prodding and begging for the secret recipe - I finally got it for you.


Let me remind you this is my husbands recipe so "alot" of it is to taste although this is the "base" that he follows.

BIG DADDY CHILI
4 cans of beans (pinto, black, kidney and chili)
4 pounds of meat (we used venison but you can use hamburger or ground turkey)
2 cans stewed tomatoes
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2 cans green chilis
jalapenos - seeded and deveined (we used 6 but this is completely to taste - you can certainly add more for more heat.)
green, red, yellow and orange bell pepper (this is also to taste - we like lots of veggies and we chop them big so you can get a big bite of them)
1 regular size bottle of ketchup
3 packets of chili seasoning (2 were mixed in with the meat before it was cooked and then 1 was added to the pan when everything was together.)

Brian feels that the key to good chili is mixing the seasoning packets in with the meat and letting it sit for about 20 minutes before cooking it.  He also cut the jalapenos lengthwise like match sticks so that for individuals that didn't want them, they were easily identifiable so they could be removed.

I have to admit, I was never really a fan of chili but I LOVE THIS!  If you try it let me know how it turns out!

No comments: