Saturday, April 23, 2011

I SPY – Jelly Beans!

It’s a tradition in our family for the Easter Bunny to hide jelly beans around the house.  My mom started it when I was a little girl and I have done it ever since.  My hubby thought I was nuts the first year I did it when he was around.

The kids LOVE it though!

Unfortunately, at 11:00 at night, the pics aren’t the best.

DSC08620 DSC08607

On top of the gumball machine!  I’m sure Parker will be the first to find these!  Ever since I filled it with gumballs, that’s the first stop he makes in the morning.  And if you’re wondering if I give him one as soon as he wakes up?  Maybe…depends on my mood!

DSC08608 

This is on the shelf above the gumball machine by the front door.  I knew there was a reason I hadn’t put candles back in the votive holders.

DSC08609 

These are in the corner of my photo frames.

DSC08610 DSC08611 DSC08612 DSC08613DSC08614

I’m wondering how many of these will be in the same spot when we wake up?  The cat may get a little curious tonight….

DSC08616 DSC08617 DSC08618

These are sure to be found.  They’re on each bar stool…

DSC08619

I must say, I LOVE this tradition that my mother started no matter how “silly” my hubby thinks it is.  Hopefully it will be something that is done with my grandchildren someday :)

What are some of your traditions?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm stealing this idea!! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and linking up! You have some really cute ideas!