Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It Has All Come to Fruition!

This weekend the wedding I was planning for my step daughter came to fruition, I had a funeral for my sister-in-law's mother and then the good friends of ours had their baby boy.  It was an insanely crazy weekend and I am soooo glad that it is over.  Brian and I even let the kids skip school yesterday so that they could recoup from all of the busy-ness.

I don't know what I am going to do since I'm not going to have a wedding invading my every thought and action.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the process of planning Ashley's wedding, but I am thankful that it is over.

It was an outside wedding and all during preparations the morning of, it was beautiful outside.  The wedding was at 3:00 and at 2:00 the storms rolled in.  We did get through the ceremony with some sprinkles and then it unloaded on us at the end.  The reception too was outside and it was windy and cold.  Many of us weren't dressed for the occasion since we were in fancy dresses but I am very confident that everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  My husband and I never sat down, nor really even saw each other since we were so busy.   I was thankful to be able to be able to cuddle with him that evening.

This is the wedding cake that I dreaded for so long, only because it was my first attempt at fondant and anything other than a box cake with some icing slapped on.  The bride and groom were thoroughly pleased with the outcome and I couldn't have been happier.  I was very worried...


Red Velvet Cake Balls - YUMMY!


 Handsome Daddy and beautiful daughter {happy tear}...


I now pronounce you Husband and Wife!


Pastor Rob and Uncle Erick were in heaven carving the pig...



My handsome boy!


My beautiful daughter!


Total cuteness, both daddy and baby!


This is my favorite pic of all time.  I don't know what I would do without this special man in my life!!


Poor girl was so cold trying to do pictures...


Priceless!


I'm so happy that we were able to make her wedding what she wanted!


The Bridal Party trying to stay warm...


Father/Daughter Dance



Mother/Son Dance



Bride/Groom First Dance




Congratulations Ashley and Alex!!  We wish you many years of happiness!!

2 comments:

Debby said...

Beautiful wedding. Love those bridesmaids dresses and the red flowers on the cake. Good job. Lovely family.

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Beautiful pics!! The cake looks fabulous, great job! I bet you will crash for a few days after all that busyness, lol:)

Cara