Sunday, July 18, 2010

A New and Long Lost Craft

To start with, I found these Pom Poms made out of tissue paper.  Leanne over at Organize and Decorate Everything shares a wonderful tutorial.  I have been patiently waiting for a party in which I would make them for.  Now I have a baby shower, birthday party, and a wedding all coming within the nest month and a hald, so I thought I would try them first for the baby shower.

The theme is Noah's Ark and my dear friend, Christina and her husband Tim opted to do things the old fashioned way and not find out the sex of the baby.  I think that's cool.  We did that with James and it was like Christmas morning times 1000!!

There are four of us hosting and since it is at my house I am going to be responsible for decorations.  I chose to do green and orange simply because yellow just seems to plain.  My friend, Beth, came over today and we made four tissue Pom Poms.  We thought it would take us awhile but it was very quick and easy to do.  I am going tomorrow to get more tissue paper {some with designs like Leanne's} to make more. 

Do you like them?

I still haven't quite decided if I am going to hang them from the ceiling, the mantle or what.  I have a couple more weeks to figure that out.

Now for the Long Lost Craft -

My mother went to her lake house this weekend and was cleaning out my grandmothers trailer since it was being sold and she came across this...

Can you tell what it is?  It's a flour sack tea towel that I embroidered on when I was about "10 years old".  I remember doing these all the time when I went to the lake to see my grandma and grandpa.  I can't believe that there is actually one that looks like it's never been used.  My grandma always used these towels so me getting one is very special.  It could be that it was never used because the little boy and cat are missing eyes.  I think it's been waiting for 24 years for me to finish it!

I can't decide whether to put eyes on them or leave it as it is...I'm thinking I'll leave it.

Sorry for the bad pic quality.  Honestly I was just to lazy to get up and get out my camera and upload so my phone was the closest thing to me.

I hope that you had a GREAT and relaxing weekend, as I did!

No comments: