Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Have a Confession - If You Really Want to Know

I'm ready for school to start again!  Seriously!!  It's amazing to me how just a few short weeks ago everyone was excited for school to be out and for summer fun to begin.  Now here I am ready for school to start just so I can "attempt" to have some normaly in my home.  I'm guessing there are many of you that are in the same situation.

Today was a good example.  I didn't get ANYTHING done but I also didn't do anything fun with the kids.  I don't know whether I was just in a funky mood or what but today it just wasn't there for me.  I'm sure the 100 degree weather didn't help the situation.

My house is full of people all the time, which don't get me wrong, I don't mind, BUT with kids in and out, I can't keep my stinking house cool!  "CLOSE THE DOOR", "CLOSE THE DOOR" that's all I say allllll day long it seems like.  I have been tempted to lock the door and make the kids stay out but with the heat and humidity I just can't do that to them.  So they come in and play.  That's okay, until Parker takes a nap {in which he still takes two a day} so then the kids have to be quiet.  Let me tell you...that doesn't work out to well with school age boys.  They start off quiet but the voices steadily get louder and louder and louder.  Pretty soon it sounds like an unruly lunchroom.

AND, don't let me get started on the nit picking, irritating, behavior and fighting that boys do.  Believe me, I'm not fooled by my own flesh and blood son either...he has his share of times when he really doesn't understand what respect is.  He has just been flatout rude lately and I can't figure out why.  It's not something I am happy about and something I need to address before it really starts affecting his friendships.  I know that I can't force who "I want" him to be so I just need to pray over him for guidance every day.  And I have...Lord, I'm patiently waiting...

And Parker...sweet little Parker!  He is sooooo stinkin' cute and he has wanted nothing more lately than to be on his momma's hip at every minute of the day.  I'm loving it though!  He would always settle with my attention, but if daddy or sissy were in the room he wanted them first and foremost.  I'm glad he is loving his momma right now...BUT I really do have other things that need to be done that involve both of my hands.  Cooking is not the easiest nor the safest thing to do while you're balancing a child on your hip and I dont' recommend you do it.  BUT I have, just to keep him quiet and have a little sanity while I make the umpteenth meal this summer...I definately pay homage to the ladies that cook school lunches everyday.  I gave you a break for the summer, but you can have them back REAL soon.

I'm ready for school to start just so my grocery bill will go back down!  Feeding neighborhood kids a meal or two a couple days out of the week really starts to add up and this momma is not the best couponer yet so it's really starting to break the bank.  James told me today that his dad was the best dad and I'm not very nice.  All because I made one of his friends go home during lunch {it is the day before payday and there wasn't much to eat anyways} and his wonderful daddy would have let her stay.  I'm the mean mom.  I make other kids go home and eat the food that their mommies buy them.  And so I can have a little bit of a break from all the noise and chaos.  

And the pool...oh the pool!  It's the first one I have ever owned and I seriously didn't know how much work it was.  First of all it turned a REALLY ugly color after the 4th of July and I haven't been able to get it right since.  It's just cloudy...levels are fine...just cloudy.  In the meantime I keep spending money on chemicals and filters just to keep the thing going and I haven't even gotten my water bill yet to see how much it cost me to fill the darn thing up.  I'm starting to realize why my husband NEVER wanted a pool in the first place.  Granted, it is nice to be able to walk out your door and have it right there...I like that.  But the whole argument I had about it being cheaper than the public pool...I think I was wrong there!

Oh yeah...and did I tell you about the speeding ticket I got last week on my ANNIVERSARY!  $162.50 to be exact.  I guess I feel a little better knowing that there were three cops that day and thrtwo other ee people got pulled over at the same time.  A little disheartening that, that makes me feel better but hey...it did.  I wasn't the only moron that decided to speed that day.  And apparently the cops knew that since there were three of them waiting for idiots like me  So since it ws my anniversary you know we did something special, right?  Nope!  Nothing.  Brian was out of town {workin' to pay for the grocery bill and pool chemicals}  So really soon we're going to try to go to dinner at the least.  I'm hoping I can get my dear daughter to watch her brothers "again" while we go. 

And speaking of Alysia, she has been wonderful this summer helping me out.  She really has and I don't thank her for that enough.  Let me tell you though...she is ready for school for the same reasons I am!!  She wants out of this house.  The other day she was sitting at the bar and she said, "How do you do it?  How do you stay here all day and not get bored or pull your hair out?"  Well dear, I don't know.  I just do and I don't complain because I am thankful for the job that I have.

SO....I think I'm done confessing all of my dirt to you.  Tomorrow I can wake up and try to have a "normal" day after a funeral and the dreaded payday grocery trip.  I hate both of those things, both of which will take up a big chunk of my day.  Then I'll come home to my sanctuary...{I can dream}!

Ahhhh...the first day of school can't come soon enough for me.  Please tell me someone out there is with me on this thought. {silence......}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Beth--I was just telling someone I needed school to start so I could get back in the "normal" crazy routine! And most of my day will be spent...spending payday money as well! :( Including a trip to the dentist for Stormy. ugh! I totally feel for ya!

Ann Crosby said...

I'm ready for school to begin too and I'm not even a stay at home Mom. I am ready to get these kids back into a schedule.

Now I would never let my kids know this....they would kill me. Lol

Hang in there!