Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pies and having already made three of them so far this season I wanted to do something different with pumpkin.  I searched the internet for a cookie recipe and found one but "tweaked" it to work for me.  It's simple and easy.  I doubled the batch but one will yield about 2 dozen cookies.


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

{If you only have pumpkin and not the pie filling kind you add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves}

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

2.In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.

3.Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.

4.To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.


THEY ARE YUMMY and THEY MAKE YOUR HOUSE SMELL YUMMY!!

Texas Monkey



3 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

These look yummy!
Thanks for you comment on my blog. I am out of town but as soon as I get back I will get you the recipe for the bread.

Stacy
Not JUST A Housewife

Nicki McIlree said...

Sounds supper yummy!! I will have to copy the recipe to try!!

shortmama said...

Yum! I bought some pumpkin the other day so I can get on some pumpkin baking soon!