Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some AWESOMENESS With My Return

It has been about THREE weeks since I have been here.  Did ya miss me?!?!  {I didn't think so}  I'll just pretend that you did!

I have been SOOOOOO stinkin' busy getting this wedding stuff together that I honestly can't beleive that it is in 8 days!  We have gotten a lot done but we still have sooooo much more to do.  On the agenda tonight is actually getting a dress for Alysia and a suit for James. 
Along with my absence, I haven't been posting my Inspired Spotlights on Thursdays!  Technically, even though it's late, it is still Thursday so I thought I would kick off my return by sharing my love for Amanda over at Every Crafty Endeaver.  She has a wonderful craft to share with you all but there are many, many more over at her blog.  I'll let her take it from here.

Hello Inspired Spotlight Readers!
My name is Amanda and I am the crafty gal behind Every Crafty Endeavor.
I love crafting and being creative. I named my blog Every Crafty Endeavor because I never know what crafty thing I would like to try or share. I am married to an awesome guy named Spencer and together we have one adorable little guy named Quinn and I am pregnant with our second - a girl - due in November. I love being a wife and mom, decorating my home, cooking, baking, thrift stores, coke and chocolate.
Beth invited me over today and asked if I would share a tutorial with you - so here I am.
The craft I picked is simple, cute and cheap - just the way I love it!
FABRIC WALL DECOR!
I have been wanting to do a fabric wall hanging for about three years now and this weekend, I finally got it done!
I love the way it turned out and it was so simple, easy and cheap! Perfect!
The first thing I did was buy 1" x 2" pieces of wood at Home Depot.
Then using a table saw, I asked my husband to route out some grooves.
(Since I have a big ole' baby belly I asked my husband for help with the frame)
Then we trimmed down my pieces to the sizes I wanted.
I did a 30" x 48" frame.
Spencer cut them at 45 degree angles.
Then he assembled the pieces for me. He screwed one screw into each corner.
He would get the screws started...
... add wood glue...
... then finish them off.
Since we used wood glue we had to wait about 30 minutes for the glue to set.
Next, I layed out my fabric - Upside down -
and positioned the frame where I wanted it.
Then I simply pulled the fabric over the frame...
... and using my staple gun, stapled the fabric in the grooves.
I completed one side and then I moved to the opposite side. On the opposite side I pulled the fabric tight so I wouldn't have any sagging.
For the corners I folded the fabric into a triangle,
then pulled it really tight and stapled it in place.
It made for nice clean corners.
(sort of how you wrap a gift)
I repeated this on each corner then finished stapling my sides.
Pulling tight as I went.
And that was it!
For some reason in this picture it looks like there is a crease in the fabric - but I assure you  - there isn't. Strange.
I love it!
Next, I hung it up on this bare wall.
Sorry about the craptastic pictures. This room is dark with no real light from the sunshine so I had to use my flash. yuck.
 But here she is hung up! I love it - and it really does add a bunch of color with that blue to that room. I have been trying to add blue into my decorating and I think this works out really great.
Details:
I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby.
They have a great selection of home decor fabrics that are so cute!
The Fabric cost me about $23 with tax.
The frame cost less than $2 -
So I am into it for about $25!
Not bad. Not bad at all!!
When you have a moment, please come over and stop by!
I would love to meet you.

Thanks so much Amanda!  I think it looks FABULOUS!  Thanks for sharing!!

1 comment:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

That is really cute! Lucky Amanda to have a husband who is handy with a saw :)