Thursday, March 11, 2010

This Could Turn Out REALLY Bad...

I have an addiction to caffeine or sugar, I can't figure out which.  I have my cup or two of coffee every morning and then I have my "several" 8 oz glasses worth of hydration which would be my Cherry Dr. Pepper.

So...what's new?!?!  The other night I was REALLY tired and I had to work late into the night.  Working until midnight isn't very fun when you are tired and your bed is right behind you calling your name while the audio you're listening to can sometimes "lull" anyone to sleep.  So, back to the other day when I was REALLY tired; I decided to have a cup of coffee to help keep me up.  I wasn't going to put too much sugar in it and not drink a whole cup since I didn't want to be up all night.  I just wanted to see if it would work.


Let me tell you what, I could have worked way past midnight!  It was absolutely AMAZING!!  The next night, same old tired routine and I was falling asleep at the computer.  So... tonight I have another mountain of work ahead of me; therefore I decided to try the coffee again.  The only good thing is that the lovely medicine that I take to prevent my migraines is ALSO a medicine that they prescribe to patients with insomnia.  So when I'm done working, I pop two of them and drift off to dreamland.

No migraines, deep sleep (even if it is only about 6 hours) and no migraines.  I could get used to this!

Disclaimer: don't try this at home.


1 comment:

Ron Cooper said...

Sounds like you have the best combination going for you. Can't be without my coffee, but it's morning-only; otherwise, no dreamland for me!