Friday, March 19, 2010

A Lot of Nothing

So much has been going on in our little house.  By the way, I just have to say that we have had 60 degree weather ALL week and I am NOT looking forward to the 6-10 inches of snow we are supposed to get tonight and tomorrow.  SPRING WHERE ARE YOU??

Okay, back to my family.....

First off my dear hubby finally got to the doctor about his chest pains and they did an x-ray and an EKG and all seems to be well!  This is a great relief considering we thought he was having some major heart issues that would have only been fixed with surgery.  At this point it seems his high cholesterol is only that and hasn't created any blockage at this point!  Praise the Lord!!  I keep hearing that gall bladder attacks resemble heart attacks so we are going to be looking into that now.  I am just happy and thankful that my hubby is healthy enough to get off his rear and "really get healthy".  At this point he has lost about 10 pounds and he has about ** more to go. {he would not be happy if I actually gave you that number}  We have to keep the hubby happy!!

My dearest little Parker is growing like a weed.  I have been trying and trying to get him in to get his first haircut since he is long overdue but with his dad's work schedule, getting an appointment when he is home can be a little troublesome.  So I am HOPING that he will have a haircut within the next few days.  I will for sure be posting pics!  I can't wait - he is going to be so stinkin' handsome!!  He is trying soooooo hard to learn more words every day.  He is going to be talking all of the time really soon!  He can meow like a kitten, woof like a doggy, and oink like a pig.  They may not all sound like the animal but it is soooooo adorable in his own way!!  I think daylight savings time has done good for Parker's bedtime.  He ALWAYS went to bed at 6:30 and was up faithfully at 6:30 everyday.  Ever since the time change he has been going to be around 7:30 and sleeping until 7:30 or 8:00!  Spring break has been wonderful this week with Parker letting me sleep in!

James is my fireball like always!  He is so stubborn and adorable - how can that be?!  I love him sooooo much but he can make me soooooo mad.  I am having some challenging times with James talking back all of the time.  I have noticed that it helps when I can just take some time out of my day and focus on him.  I just have to remember that this is something that he needs from me and his dad and make it a priority.  Sitting here looking at him as he feel asleep in dad's recliner, I can't help but ignore all his idiosyncracies and just love him!!  (It's because he's quiet!)

Alysia...what do I say about her?!  She is a never ending pit of drama all of the time.  She was grounded from her phone for a few weeks because she was in the drama a little "too much" and it was soooooo quiet around the house.  Phone is back...boy problems are back!  Yay!!!!  NOT!!  Poor girl.  If she only knew that one day she will look back and see all of this as being so silly.  She is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady and I just pray that she keeps her head on straight and doesn't let those boys get to her too much.  A boy can be a blessing but if it is before God's plan then it can be a burden that she lives with forever.  Stay young sweetheart and stay true to yourself!

There's my little slice of my world.  Not much to brag about but to me it's all important.  I don't take the time out of everyday to remember that enough.  I pray that God reminds me everyday of my blessings and shows me how to approach each situation with patience and love.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"A boy can be a blessing but if it is before God's plan then it can be a burden that she lives with forever. Stay young sweetheart and stay true to yourself!"

Hey Beth! I totally agree with those lines you wrote and I wish your kid the Best in life:) Have a great day!