Monday, March 22, 2010

Friend Makin' Monday

I'm participating in Friend Makin Monday over at ae filkins.  She has a really cute blog!  You ought to go check it out!  Here is a little about me so you all can get to know me a little better (as if you wanted to).

1. Favorite things about Spring:

Flowers, green grass, budding trees, EVERYTHING is NEW!  A new season with new hope!  Spring is one of my favorite seasons (behind Autumn) because of the hope that it brings!

2. What I'm doing for Spring Break:
Spring Break was last week for our kids and it didn't involve a lot of anything.  We spent some time outside which we have been longing for due to the LONG winter we had.

3. Favorite Spring flower:
Ohhh.....there are so many!  I love peonies, daffodils, tulips.

4. Do you have a garden?
I actually don't have any now since I just moved :(  But I will change that this year.  I LOVE flower gardening but am contemplating a veggie garden.  Just not sure if I will have the time or not, plus I have a BIG puppy that is liking to chew on things.  I don't know how well that is going to go. 

5. If so, what do you grow.
Any kind of flower I can get to grow.  My favorite for shade is Astilbe's.  I had them at my old home and was VERY sad to leave them.  I like decorative grasses, hostas, and ANYTHING that flowers for a long time!

6. Do you do Spring cleaning?
I clean all year, what are you talking about?!?!?!

7. What is your weather *really* like right now? {Just b/c it's "officially" spring, doesn't mean that it feels like it for some of you}
Well...the first day of spring we got about 6 inches of snow but "right now" it is feeling like spring.  There is still some snow left in my backyard but tomorrow it is going to be 60 and gorgeous so it probably won't stick around.  I don't want to see anymore until next winter!!

8. Snapped any weather related photos lately? Share one with us!
Hmmm.....had a picture of the lovely snowfall we had on Saturday but I'm on a differnt computer now :(  I'm too lazy to walk to the other room and write this post.  Look through my blog and you'll see it on a previous post (if you really want to, my feelings won't be hurt at all if you don't).

9. What's your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon?
Play in the backyard with my kids, although this year with a pool close by I'm thinking we will be there a lot.

10. Favorite TV show right now?
I don't even know what's on right now since I never watch TV.  I usually watch Dancing with the Stars so I might start DVR'ing that since it started tonight.  I NEVER the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows.  I know, I know...it's bad.

No comments: