Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Newest SIDS Research

Many of you know that I had a baby girl pass on to be with the Lord on December 15, 1996.  It was the most horrible experience I have ever felt and pray that parents never have to go through this.  She did pass of SIDS and so I try to stay with with the latest research in hopes that there is a cure someday.  Here is a link to the most recent article which states that "Babies who die from sudden infant death syndrome make low amounts of the message-carrying brain chemical serotonin needed to regulate sleep, breathing and heart rate."

One less baby to pass from this horrible occurrence is one more baby closer to a cure!

US Related Deaths Linked to SIDS

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had to deal with such a tragic loss. I can't image.